Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fight for what YOU want/Lucha por lo que TU quieres

Can you recall those childhood days when you dream to be something cool? a firefighter, a teacher, or even a superhero? do you remember those days? do you remember your dreams? my question is... what happened to them?, if you acomplished them, good for you, i'm happy for you, but this is for those ones who forgot their dreams or abandoned them... but even if you think you acomplished "all" your dreams, i'm sure there's something you forgot or something you gave up. Many reasons come to my mind for the why we give those dreams away, 1) people try to persuade us to do "something better", 2) our dreams are "dumb and childish" (c'mon, being a super hero is not dumb and childish, it awesome!) or 3) we just grow up and start looking at life with "adult, grown man (or woman) eyes. Never is too late to do what we want, for example, my mother was 45 years old when she graduated from university, her dream? being a psychologist and she made it, she was my classmate for a year and a half, and she tried really hard cuz' that was her dream and she made it after many years of wait and obstacles. So... do what you really want to do, don't do what others think you should do or be, just be and do what you really want to, don't give up your dreams!!!
Puedes recordar esos dias de tu infancia cuando sonabas en ser algo interesante? un bombero, un maestro, o hasta un super heroe? recuerdas esos dias? recuerdas tus suenos? mi pregunta es... que paso con esos suenos? si los haz logrado, bien por ti, estoy feliz por ti, pero esto es para aquellos que los olvidaron o los abandonaron... pero aunque tu creas que haz alcanzado "todos" tus suenos, estoy seguro que hay algo que olvidaste o que diste por vencido. Muchas razones vienen a mi mente por las cuales mandamos a volar esos suenos, 1) gente trata de persuadirnos a hacer "algo mejor", 2) nuestros suenos son"tontos e infantiles" (vamos, ser un super heroe no es tonto e infantil, es magnifico!) o 3) crecemos y empezamos a ver la vida con "ojos de hombre (o mujer) maduro". Nunca es muy tarde para hacer lo que queremos, por ejemplo, mi madre graduo de la universidad a la edad de 45, cual era su sueno? ser psicologa y lo logro, ella fue mi companera de grupo por ciclo y medio, ella trato muy duro por que era su sueno y lo logro despues de mucho tiempo de espera y obstaculos. Entonces... haz lo querealmente quieres hacer, no hagas o que los demas piensas que deberias ser o hacer, se y haz lo que realmente quieres, no des por vencido tus suenos!!!


6 comments:

  1. I as a man who has had many dreams must say that I absolutely agree with the provided statements. I find it frustrating and somewhat troubling that our society is raising a generation of production line robots, incapable of individualism and unknowing of pursuits outside the realm of capitalism. When did it become incorrect to decide on a career that you perhaps "dreamed" of having and maintaining that desire until it has been achieved. No, this is not the case today, today we have dreams and ideas and almost the moment they are made manifest they are met with forceful opposition, protesting that these dreams are childish, foolish, unattainable, unrealistic. What is real? I see superheroes everyday. I hear musicians, I watch athletes, I read the words of writers. Did these people fall into the river of grinding emotionless "productivity"? No they became productive in their own right by following their dreams. I often feel that the world would produce a great deal more and that "more" would be a great deal better if we all would follow our dreams and be more like children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, this one time when i was thirteen, i was asked by this lady what I wanted to be. I said, a marine biologist! She laughed and said, in front of a group of people, "There are no oceans around here!"
    That moment made me think....am I silly to think of being a marine biologist?
    We shouldn't ridicule other people's dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome about your mom pursuing her dream of becoming a psychologist. Dreams are wonderful, and I think that people who dream are much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. You don't know me, but I am a friend of Sarah's and she just announced on her blog that you and she are dating, so I wanted to pop by and say 'congrats.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again. My husband is uncomfortable with me being on your sidebar, so will you please take me off? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ke onda hasta ahora t visitooo jaja ai me agregas! este es mi blog: http://isahead.blogspot.com/

    Isabel Lona

    ReplyDelete